Saturday 2 April 2011

CaPoWriMo-2 (Persecution Syndrome)

They think I'm full of naivete
they've prepared poison, gun and knife:
My name is on a machete.

They think I hear not what they say
Conspiring to take my life;
They think I'm full of naivete.

My brothers the first to betray,
And so my father, son and wife:
My name is on a machete.

A game of cat and mouse they play
In every smile they hide a knife:
They think I'm full of naivete.

They say they love but scheme to slay.
Among my friends bloodlust is rife:
My name is on a machete.

But I'm alert by night and day
I shall not let go without strife!
They think I'm full of naivete:
My name is on a machete.

2 comments:

krishnakumars said...

"My name is on a machete", hah! That's a great line. I tried doing a villanelle too but found it too much of an effort.

Ozymandias said...

Well, I try writing the non-refraining lines first, and then think up two complementary refrains.

But thanks a lot for your comment!

Bookmarking

Bookmark and Share