Tuesday 19 April 2011

CaPoWriMo-17 (To Arsenic)

They say you are doped
Into silicon to make my computer run -
Thirty three electrons rushing about madly
That make silicon's fourteen
Lethargic ones sit up and get about;

You helped Madame Bovary,
Emperors Bonaparte and Guangxu,
And innumerable Bangaldeshis
Find release from their mortal coils
Even as you cured libertines
Of the syphilis that shamed them;

You pervade my life
In paints and polishes
And pesticides and pyrotechnics -
Creating and preserving beauty
Even as you truncate my breath.

What would I be with you, arsenic,
And what would I be without you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To...arsenic?

Nice one, though! :)

Ozymandias said...

Thank you!

The decadent dreamer... said...

Beautiful. Very similar in parts to some of my own www.thedecadentdreamstate.blogspot.com

Have a read and message me if you want to talk :)

Ozymandias said...

Thanks, Abi!

Bookmarking

Bookmark and Share